Loading ...

Golf course
Hamilton, Ontario
The Martin is the older of the two eighteens at Chedoke, the City of Hamilton's municipal club on Aberdeen Avenue below the Niagara Escarpment. The ground traces back to 1896, when it was the original Hamilton Golf Club before that club moved to Ancaster; Stanley Thompson and his brother Nicol drew up new holes and widened others in 1928, with the work carried out the following year. It plays to par 70 at about 5,745 yards — shorter and tighter than the sibling Beddoe course (par 70, roughly 6,084 yards, fully opened in 1951) — and leans on elevation change, narrow tree-lined corridors and undulating greens rather than length. Several holes give views out over the city.